- Follow the tips provided by credit repair services as to how disputes should be worded with specific phrases ending in "IAW FCRA please remove."
- Go back to your potential lender web site or call them to re-evaluate your application with the recent updates that you have updated.
- Consider using some collateral as a security interest for the lender that has trouble approving your application for unsecured credit, by going through a credit union after depositing funds in any kind of account (checking, savings, retirement).
- Consider borrowing against any cash values built up in insurance policies, or your home's equity.
- For home improvement specialty lenders try these sources as well as your own - (note if you have modified a mortgage loan it is considered almost the same as a foreclosure to all lenders and you will not likely be approved without explanations on your credit reports and a period of at least 1 to 2 years has passed with re-established credit history of paying on time):
- Home Depot
- Mariner Finance
- Capital One Home Equity
- Navy Federal Credit Union Personal Loans